Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Look What Came in the Mail Today



And a tip for you:  don't order 8 different types of chicks at once.  They mostly all look the same at this stage, and it's really hard to tell which one is which.  My daughter and I spent an hour on the computer, picking up the chicks and holding them to the pictures on the screen to figure out who was who.  Forget about telling which are male and which are female.  We have no clue.

If we were right (might be a big if), we got Black Copper Marans, Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, Ameraucana, Anconas, Black Jersey Giants, Sicilian Buttercups, and Salmon Faverolles.  There were two losses right off the bat.  I'm holding my breath that there won't be any more.

I'm glad they are here.  They were ordered in December, to make sure I'd reserve the really special ones.  It's been a lot of waiting.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...