Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adventures of Ginger the Layer

The count is now six. 

She laid on them all night, through a thunderstorm.  This morning she got up at 6:00 ish when the others were let out for the day.  She jumped down from her nest and walked away, and did not want to go back. 

Around 7:30, I went to look at her nest.  It is lined with some down, and just beautiful.  The last count I had was 5 eggs.  Today I counted 6.  Sometime yesterday or last night, she laid another.  Ginger did not appreciate my poking at her nest, and came over to yell at me.  She climbed back up and is setting now.

I don't know if there will be more eggs, or if she is ready to set for good.  I don't know if she will set for good, because she is so young.  She seems protective of the nest, which is a good sign.  But the setting takes a long time (30 days), so whether or not she'll stick with it, we'll see.

I would love to get my candler out there and see what's going on.  You have NO idea.  I'm trying to let nature take it's course.  I'm not so good at that sometimes, can you tell?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...