Friday, March 9, 2012

Turned Out Not So Cut and Dry

Hello everyone!  Thank you for your well-wishes.  I still feel pretty bad and horribly weak, but I am able to keep most things down, which is nice.  And standing up isn't so terrible anymore, so that's a bonus.
Remember Ferdi?  Well, in an effort to keep everyone as up to date as possible and myself as honest as possible, I'd thought I'd fill you in.  After an initial "honeymoon" period where he was doing what the new owner wanted him to do and being defensive and shrieky and making her very happy, Ferdi's "bat-shit crazy" button clicked back on and he went insane again.
Borrowed this from here
Apparently, he decided that the new owner was his mate.  Not another goose, not even another gander, as he seemed to prefer here at Chicken Scratch.  NO, his new owner.  He would sit at her knee and put his beak on her leg and look adoringly at her.  Then he would fly into an insane rage and attack anything and everything that came near her.  Dogs, geese, chickens, people.  Ev-er--y-one.

Needless to say, he didn't work out.  And though I thought I'd be having to take him back, the nice lady who took him re-homed him and he's off to try again.  I believe some animals just have something wrong with them, you know?  The ordeal has definitely made me think long and hard about what I would do if Ferdi were to come home, and I really believe that Ferdi would have just become dinner.  I don't think I could have "fixed" Ferdi, and I don't think I would have tried.  And I don't think I would have "put up with him" either. 

So I can see I've changed.  It's interesting.  I still have to put my "money where my mouth is" so to speak with Peter and one of Arthur's girls, who's too aggressive for my tastes as well.  So we'll see if I can do what I think I can do.  But I bet you I can.  Yep, it seems I've turned a corner.

Be well everyone!  When I'm feeling better, I will post all about the presentation I gave to the fourth graders and how I turned all of them into future farmers (kidding). 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I have been going back and forth about getting geese to go along with the rest of my barnyard gang, however, so many have told me about how aggressive they can really be. I glad you did not have Ferdi over for dinner..............he's just a lovesick goose. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...