Monday, February 28, 2011

Worry

Into every life, a little rain must fall.  Isn't that how the saying goes?  Well, we've got a little rain here.  Ophelia, the little duck who started out here trying to jump out of the box and run off into the sunset, seems not to be doing well.  She's been hanging back from the others, laying down, and trying not to walk.  When she does, she seems to be hunched over, she tucks her tail down, and she doesn't walk for long before sitting back down. 

I am worried, and of course, I put the blame on myself first.  Possibly I have the wrong combination of nutrients, or not enough Niacin?  But if it were something that I was doing (or not), then more would have the same problem.  However, she seems to be the only one.  I am hoping that it's something simple.  Maybe a small case of spraddled leg or that she's not getting enough of the vitamins in the water.  I am doing all that I can.  I am hoping that it's not a failure to thrive--that would just break my heart, and I know, other's hearts too.

Keep your fingers crossed for her.  On a small farm like ours, all the little lives are very valuable, and I am hoping she'll pull through and get better.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Did she get hurt hopping out of the box? I hope she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope she feels better.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...