Monday, May 20, 2013

Prickley

I have been suffering with an outbreak of hives for the past 5 days.  It sucks, to put it politely.  I wash, I break out.  I don't wash, I break out.  You touch me, I break out.  You don't touch me, I break out.  I break out under clothing, I break out not under clothing.  I get something on one part of me, I break out somewhere else completely.  Shoes?  Yep or nope.  Soap?  Yep or nope.  Water?  Yep or nope.  Depends.  Sometimes I'll break out nowhere near anything that touched anything whatsoever and for no reason.

It's been hell, and since I don't know what's causing it, I can't fix it.  If you've never had the pleasure of hives, let me tell you how lucky you are.  Imagine having hives on the bottoms of your feet and the palms of your hands.  It's terrible.  I finally broke down and went to the "Emergency Doctor", who gave me a shot of steroids which hurt like crazy, and then gave me a prescription for the same.  They're not doing much.  I'm thinking I might live in a bubble, but I'll probably still get hives. 

Ok, enough moping.  I'm done whining.  While this has all been going on, I have been trying to keep busy.  I'm maybe 1/3 planted in the gardens, and yesterday, because it rained all day, I broke into my sewing room/office and cleaned it.  Then painted the trim.  Today, because I thought it was going to rain (it didn't), I painted the walls.  PINK.  Really red-pink.  And I will take you some pictures--after I'm done cleaning it up.  Until then, you'll have to be happy with the horrible, horrible before pictures. 



Ugh!  Scary!

These are pictures from January 2012, and it only got worse from there.  It was a catchall, and I could hardly walk in here.  No more, though.  It's all better.  Wait till you see! 

'Till then, pricklier yours,

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! girl you're making me itch just talking about it.
    sorry...you don't know the underlying problem. Sorry too about the steroids and them not being very helpful! That has got to drive you crazy.
    Good luck with the craft room!
    I have had a couple of rooms like that in my blogging days.
    Sometimes ...you just have to dole out the bad with the good.
    :)
    get well, can't wait to see how all the productivity has paid off.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I do hope you're felling all better! I've never had hives and do hope I never will! I can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...