Wednesday, October 10, 2012

When Bad FO's Happen to Good Soap

Without mentioning names, I'm going to say that there are some soap supply companies that I trust more than others.  This time, I took a chance on one I don't really trust, and it proved me right.

Exhibit 1:  The first time I've had a fragrance oil rice on me

EEEEWWWW!!!!


YUCKY!!!!

GA-ROSS!!!!
 

It's a tested recipe, tested temps, the whole nine.  I didn't miss a step, and it traced beautifully until I put the FO in.  It was the fragrance oil, plain and simple.

I have a big ol' pot of yuck right now.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.  Smells pretty, but it's totally unusable. 

UGH!!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Any chance you could soak rice in it, dry the rice, then use the rice in scented sachels? I did something similar with lavender oil (used it for eye pillows) and cedar flakes (for lining the drawers in my dresser).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting idea, I never thought of that. I actually let it sit for a few hours, let it kind of gel, and then beat the hell out of it with the immersion blender. It did go together, finally. It's ugly, but I'll let it cure and turn it into hand soap. Waste not, want not!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...