Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Kingdom for a Backhoe

No, I don't have one.  No, I don't know anyone who does, and no, I don't have the money to find someone with one.  So I have to dig myself.  Have a look-see....





Yeah, 3 days worth of work.  First day, I did 1/2 an hour and thought I'd have a heart attack, that dirt is so unbelievably heavy, and let's just face it, I'm out of shape (look--I said it, so there).  The next day, I had a bit more fortititude and went 45 minutes.  Yesterday I did an hour and a bit.  Today (day 4 of digging) I did 2 hours and some odd minutes.  Woo hoo!!  It got interesting, so I kept on going.  You'll have to wait to see those pictures tomorrow, though.

In the meantime, enjoy my synopsis of day 3.  It's super fun for the whole family (maybe not the language, though--I had been outside for a while before filming, and I was punchy).





2 comments:

  1. Clearly you have gone stir-crazy. Sane people wait until Spring to start moving heavy, wet much about. And they also trick relatives into coming over and doing lots of digging for them (as an example, see my garage wiring last summer).

    Hole looks great though. I am impressed as all hell at how much you've moved. I thought the ground would have been frozen stiff. I also love how you randomly manage to put your goose pen right over an underground spring that just happens to be perfect for building a pond that would be perfect for your geese...

    Needs a bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you can rent a (small) back hoe. I have no idea how much they are or whether it'd be worth it for you. If you need help let me know and I'll come down there and climb in the muck with you.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...