Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It

Woo HOOOOOOOO!!!
Just got a call about the Pilgrim Geese I asked to be put on the waiting list for in June of last year.  They are going to be available in March!  I've reserved the hatching date of March 28th!!  Don't ask me how they know now that geese will be born then, I have no idea.  It doesn't take 2 months to incubate a goose egg.  But, who cares??  Yeay!!!!!
Just in case you are wondering what they look like (and how could you not??), you can follow this link to Feathersite, which is where I go for some poultry and waterfowl ogling.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Geese/BRKPilgrims.html
Pilgrim geese are another critically endangered breed, like Ferdi and Ginger.  I will be proud to care for the 2 pair we get.
This winter and Spring our little farm will be teeming with life!!!  In February, we get 6 ducks, and Lorelei tries her hand at raising them.  In March, we get our geese, and in April, we get chicks!!!  We will be hopping!!!
Geeze, I better get to building....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...