Monday, March 11, 2013

In My Mind

This made me laugh

Disclaimer:  Not my children. 
Oh, wait...no, they are. 
Dang!


My children had a snow day Friday, and spent quite a while stuffing pillows in their clothing to make big bellies and butts, and then hamming it up for the camera.

Fun fun.

This made me groan

 
The Scotts "Snap Pac" fertilizer system.  Sigh.  And yuck.


Miracle Gro Gro-ables.  Like a coffee pod, but with seeds.  Yippee!  Sigh again.

This kept me busy

Disclaimer:  Not my tree.

We took down trees this weekend, to make way for the bucks' pen.  As of right now, there's only one buck, Stewart, and I'm worried.  He's not going to take being alone well.  He's very possessive of "his girls" and he looks for them constantly.  I had a line on a buck from a friend, but she wound up not having any bucks born (don't count your bucks before they birth, you could say).  My other friend has offered up a buckling of hers, if her girl gives her one.  It would be in payment for helping her out with her goats, though I've told her it's not necessary, and I would pay for him.  She insisted.  I hope her girl has a boy, or Stewart's going to be beside himself when he moves out in May.

Yes, I've come to the place in my life where I will take goats and chickens as payment.  And you know what?  I'm glad.  I wouldn't have it any other way. 


This made me think

One of the churches around here usually has interesting sayings on it's sign.  This time it was:
"What goes down in the well, comes up in the bucket".

Food for thought.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Your kids know how to entertain themselves : )
    I can't wait to see your new buck pen. Good luck with finding a good buddy for him. I hope they get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I got the fiber yesterday and it is SO wonderfully soft! Just beautiful! And - no - I wouldn't dream of carding this stuff. Can't wait to get a minute to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...