Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brooder Burnout

Ducks Take 2 arrived this morning, and I have to admit, it's become less exciting.  I guess it's the fact that this is the 5th or 6th batch of little ones that I've brooded this year.  I think I'm suffering from Brooder Burnout.  They are cute little bugs, though, aren't they?

Ducklings are always so cute.  Right now they are motorboating around in the waterer.  I'm sure I'm giving the good folks at Metzer Farms a fit, with my "one of these, one of those" ordering style.  This time around, we've got a Khaki Campbell female, a Cayuga female, a Blue Runner female, a Buff female, and a Welsh Harlequin pair.  I would have loaded up with more Runners, but I placed the order before the other Runners died--I was still hoping at the time they would make it.  As it is, we are left with only Suzie, a Fawn/White runner, and Charles, who still thinks he's a goose, though he does talk to Suzie more now than before.

They are in their initial residence of LaundryBasket Land until I clean out the brooder (again).  The keets have run off (again), so there's plenty of room for the ducks.  I just didn't get it cleaned out in time-I've been busy.  You'll see why as soon as I get a chance to post it.  Very exciting!

Anywho, back to the ducks.  I have different plans for a new, improved Ducky Fort Knox.  I don't want the same thing to happen to these little ones as happened to the last batch--it was just too heartbreaking.  Stay tuned!!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the brooder burnout. I'll see an ad for some cute little chicks or ducklings and be like "oh, I want them" then remember everyone has pretty much outgrown the brooder and I'm liking it, so ya no more until next year.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...