1 recipe for a 9-inch single crust pie
|Find yourself a nice crust recipe. It makes all the difference, and it's so easy to make!|
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter
1 pinch ground nutmeg
4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Make the topping: In a bowl, mix until fluffy 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 6 tbsp butter, and nutmeg.
3. Place strawberries in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and cornstarch. Pour this on top of the strawberries and mix gently to coat them.
4. Pour berries into pie crust, mounding them in the center. Cover berries with crumb topping and top the crumbs with some pea sized blobs of butter. Wrap edges of pie crust to prevent burning.
5. Put a pan in under the pie to catch the drips. Bake pie in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, and then reduce heat to 375 and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
6. Take out and let cool.
|The new oven did a lovely job!!|
This pie is best eaten cold, to tell the truth. If you let it set, the flavors all gel together, and it is FABULOUS!!!
|Drippy, gooey, strawberry yumminess!!|