Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love is in the Air!

 We've had some racy-er-interesting goings-on here lately.  I believe that Arthur may be getting a bit amorous.  All four are acting weird, and there's a little more "play biting" than usual.  Something was going on in their house last night , but no one's talking today.

Methinks that there might be some lovey-doveyness coming on soon.
Ah nature....
So, viola!  A nest box.  Just in case.


'Cause you just never know.

It is exactly what it says it is.  A box devoted solely to nesting.  I put it in now, so everyone can get used to it. 

Geese do not love change.  The last thing I want is for someone to want to lay an egg and then do it somewhere that I can't find it--or them.  This way, they can think about the idea of the box for a while, before they may need to use it. 

And will they need it?  I dunno.  If Ferdi and Ginger make the attempt this year, I will be surprised--they are pretty young.  But Margaret and Arthur are of that age, so you know, anything is possible. 

We all may be getting some interesting lessons about geese pretty soon.



And, no I did not WALLPAPER the inside of the box.  I'm not that crazy.  Here at Chicken Scratch we are poor thrifty and earth-friendly.  I re-used materials.  Some of it are sheets from mom's potting shed, some are pieces from the playhouse we took down, and the lovely patterned piece was the tabletop in my old sewing room, all put to good use again.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving your comment here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...