Today I get older.
Ok, ok, we all get older every day, I know. But today it's "official", as it's my birthday.
I usually spend the day (or part of it) thinking about what I've done this year, how many things I've accomplished, what went wrong, what went right. And then I'd share it with you. But I'll be repeating myself on New Year's, most likely, so I think instead of giving you a long, long list of highlights and lowlights, I think I will:
- Have more coffee
- Listen to Christmas carols in the car (because I'm not allowed to in the house--YET)
- Clean the house a bit
- Bake some chocolate chip cookie bars (before my children and husband eat ALL the chocolate chips)
- Go outside and sit with my goats (It's my birthday--just pretend I don't do that every day, ok?)
- Work on a little quilt that's been waiting
- Scritch a purring kitty or two
- Look back and be proud
- Look around and be thankful
- Look ahead and be hopeful